Medical Appointment Specialist - Developmental Services-Bonus $3,000
Bonus: $3,000, $1,500 at 3 months, $1,500 at 6 months
Medical Appointment Specialist
Unique and exciting nursing position with Bay Cove Developmental Services. Come be a part of our dedicated and caring Health Services team and partner with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities living in 2 Boston group homes.
Set schedule, Mon – Fri, NO weekends! Small case load of 2 homes (21 individuals,) positive supportive work environment and great benefits package; including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days and 9 sick days annually!
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Typically 9-5 shift* – Monday thru Friday (No Weekends!)
- *Flexible schedule to accommodate early or late appointments
Someone who is passionate about DD Nursing and is a strong advocate for adults with disabilities. Someone who is compassionate and a team player. Someone who possesses basic computer skills for record keeping, documentation, email, etc. Must be very organized and have excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is a plus.
As Medical Appointment Specialist you will collaborate with the care teams at 2 residential programs and under the direction of the Nurse Managers you will coordinate medical appointments for adults living in those programs. You will transport and accompany them to the appointments. You will facilitate the appointments, help advocate for their needs and communicate with health care providers. Despite having a 9am-5pm schedule, some flexibility will be required depending upon appointments made outside that timeframe. This is a non-exempt position with a 40 hour daytime schedule.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Follows program model including clinical, programmatic and quality protocols (for example, house, staff, supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, as required).
- Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
- Teaches and reinforces activities of daily living (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, personal property management, relationship development, budgeting, and safety).
- Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures including crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Schedules routine medical, dental, and psychiatric appointments in collaboration with residential staff and supervisors.
- Provides skilled coverage while accompanying individuals to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments.
- Maintains programmatic documentation.
- Performs household and property maintenance tasks toward the general upkeep of the residence.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
- LPN preferred but willing to consider qualified candidates with related skills and experience
- MA LPN License or MA Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required (MAP).
- 1-3 years’ experience in human service setting preferred.
- Certified in Prevent Training.
- *Applicants lacking Prevent Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
- Current driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
- Drive the wheelchair van to take residents to and from appointments or outings.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
Bay Cove’s Employee Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. Bay Cove pays for 70% of health insurance costs beginning on the date of hire.
- 403(b) Tax-deferred annuity plan, with employer match
- 3 weeks of vacation annually, with 4 weeks after 3 years of employment, and 5 weeks after 6 years of employment
- 9 sick days annually
- 11 Holidays annually
- 3 Personal Days annually
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefit
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and daycare expenses
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Professional Development and Educational Assistance
- Job Family LPN
- Job Function 3
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA