Individual Support Navigator - DS Individual Support - BONUS $3,000
Bonus: $3,000, $1,500 at 3 months, $1,500 at 6 months
Your position as a Support Navigator supports this mission as you provide the community based support and training to adults with severe physical disabilities in combination with a secondary disability to maintain and/or develop independent living (MRC) or individuals and/or families with intellectual or developmental disabilities maintain in their communities. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Strict adherence to program model including clinical, programmatic and quality protocols (for example, staff & supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, as required).
- Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
- Assistance with finding accessible and affordable housing, managing PCA program (MRC Only), medication, personal health, finances, household management and transportation, requesting adaptive equipment, assessing vocational, educational, social and recreational opportunities, and developing self- advocacy.
- Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures including personal safety, crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention.
- Maintains programmatic documentation.
- Delivers supports and services in a culturally sensitive and responsive manner.
- Provides accurate and timely communication to Program Director regarding clinical, programmatic, operational, or community changes.
- Provides specialized training and instruction to individuals and coworkers (such as in the role of Medication Officer, Human Rights Officer, Van Officer, Safety Officer or Activities Coordinator) on an assigned basis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelors with 2 years’ experience in Human Service Field
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required. Applicants lacking Medication Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment.
- Required to walk up and down stairs, provide emergency physical intervention as needed.
- Certified in Basic Prevent Training.
- Current driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Use of personal cell phone and personal vehicle.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.
- Job Family Counselor II
- Job Function 9B
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA