Nurse - Health Care Supervisor - Bradston Day Habilitation - BONUS $3,000
Bonus: $3,000, $1,500 at 3 months, $1,500 at 6 months
The Health Care Supervisor is responsible for providing direct nursing care, monitoring the health care of individuals in the assigned caseload and assisting individuals with accessing appropriate health care. The Health Care Supervisor is also responsible for monitoring the medication system, training staff, and provides on-call consultation. This is an exempt position.
- Supervision of LPN(s) and Health Care Supervisor/Registered Nurse (B).
Essential Functions of Position:
- Oversees all health-care services provided to the members at the program. Advises the program director and the day habilitation staff of any medical problems that may hinder a member’s progress or that may be aggravated by activities at the program. Provides direct care and training in relevant areas, as well as education in hygiene and health concerns.
- Coordination of each member’s Day Habilitation Service Plan with other health care professionals including the PCP (and nursing facility where the member resides, if applicable). Coordinates medical services with each member’s primary physician or medical clinic.
- Completes nursing assessments. Submits monthly nursing notes and DHSP materials.
- Monitors each member’s health status and documents those findings in the member’s medical record at least monthly, quarterly as part of the interdisciplinary team review, and more often if the member’s condition requires more frequent review. Reports changes in the member’s condition to the member’s physician. Coordinates obtaining treatment orders, and plan approvals in conjunction with the Compliance Coordinator. Coordinates implementation of physicians orders with the member, family and program staff. Oversight of maintenance-therapy treatment as recommended by a therapist.
- Administration of medications and treatments prescribed by the member’s physician during the time the member is at the program. Maintains security of all medications in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Coordinates wheelchair repairs with vendors. Has oversight of lifting devices, standers, etc. Oversees communication with transportation regarding medical issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Day Habilitation
Requirements for the position:
- Licensed in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Must have had a TB screening within the past 12 months, & required every year.
- Holds a valid Driver's license.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Professional writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, and to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals with developmental disabilities, other care providers, family, community members and state agency representatives.
- Performs duties with integrity, and demonstrates respect for and values all individuals.
- Ability to articulate and communicate the program’s mission and strategic direction in a consistent manner to direct care staff and community members.
- Ensures that services are culturally sensitive and responsive.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams, and as an effective change agent, to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Job Family RN I
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA