Nurse - Admissions - Andrew Boston • $3,000 Bonus
$3,000 Bonus - $1,500 after 3 months, $1,500 after 6 months
Bilingual candidates are eligible for an additional $1 an hour.
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Working under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Admissions Nurse works in concert with the nursing team and staff across various disciplines at the program or other program facilities to ensure the timely and safe admission of patients to the program. The Admissions Nurse supports Bay Cove’s mission by attending to the program’s nursing/medical functions and supporting the strategic goals for patient access to care. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
· Receives and documents referral information on referral calls
· Obtains insurance status via the web-based verification systems
· Screens referrals, and make decisions regarding need for medication psychiatric and/or medical clearance
· Admits patients to the unit and completes related assessments (history/physical)
· Orients patients to the program & services, including an explanation of the detoxification medications and process
· Completes breathalyzer and/or urine testing on all admissions
· Assembles charts and completes medication counts and orders on all admissions
· Works collaboratively with the medical and psychiatric consultants to assure that patients receive appropriate orders for their conditions
· Provides thorough report on each admission to the staff nurse assigned to the patient
· Participates in required training and staff meetings as scheduled
· Performs other nursing duties as assigned by the nursing supervisor, including duties normally done by Staff Nurses (e.g. check vital signs, medication administration, patient discharge, etc.); and/or tasks normally done by Nurse Manager, (e.g. check, replace and order meds and supplies, occasionally orient new employees, etc.)
Requirements for the Position:
· Registered Nurse with current Massachusetts License
· Must have a minimum of one year’s experience in Medical/Surgical nursing
· CPR and CPI Certification
· Prior experience with substance use and/or psychiatric nursing preferred
· Must have knowledge of substance use disorder and psychiatric nursing
· Some knowledge of computers experience with electronic health records management
· Ability to assess skills in order to detect alterations in medical and psychiatric status
· A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
· Ability to work with individuals with substance use and/or mental illness in a respectful and compassionate manner
· Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary setting
· Must have an excellent telephone manner, be a self-starter who is able to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, administrators, health and service providers
· Must be willing to cover a weekend, holiday or vacation, as staffing requires
The employee may regularly be required to sit, stand, use hands, talk, hear, reach with arms, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or run. The employee may regularly be required to move, by pushing, pulling or lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $35.00
- Max Hiring Rate $45.00
- Boston, MA, USA