Title: Prep Team Member
Reports To: General Manager/Associate Manager/Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Administrative/Non-exempt
This individual will act as a prep team member at an Au Bon Pain cafe to provide accurate and efficient service, while producing top of the line quality products.
• Arrives in proper uniform and adheres to all grooming guidelines.
• Ensures that the prep area is set up and that all products are available.
• Ensures that all prep stations are set up with a clean sanitize bucket.
• Participates in One-Minute Meetings.
• Ensures all products meet our standards of freshness and appearance.
• Ensures that gloves are worn at all times while handling food.
• Demonstrates hospitality, respect and kindness toward Customers
• Demonstrates full product knowledge.
• Demonstrates full knowledge of all new Café Event products.
• Adheres to strict recipe builds and specs at all times.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency during prepping
• Prepares salads.
• Slices meats by using a meat slicer.
• Uses a knife to cut vegetables, fruit and cheeses.
• Uses a scale to weigh out ingredients to spec.
• Ensures that all products are available in time for each business day part while maintaining the highest level of productivity.
• Maintains a clean and organized station; including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, wiping counters, garbage, stocking and restocking product and wrapping and storing product properly.
• Acts as a role model with fellow team members and provides on-the-job training for new prep team members.
• Works with others on the team to support ABP café operations, standards and concept essence.
• Is flexible and possesses the ability to deal with changes and emergencies/problems in the café.
• Lifting up to 35 pounds is required.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and “listening” skills
• Demonstrates a passion for hospitality.
• Responds to opportunities with a sense of urgency
• Previous restaurant experience or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years or older.
Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age, or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain © 2017
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA