Manager, Allied Partnerships and Exhibits
Are you an exhibit sales professional looking to break into the association world? Do you have a passion for meeting sales goals and driving revenue?
The American Trucking Associations has an immediate opening for the Manager, Allied Partnerships & Exhibits role. This position will assist the Director, Allied Partnerships & Exhibits in enhancing and maintaining performance of ATA and its allied partnerships and exhibits programs. This position will provide support for sales and organization of sponsorships and exhibits for all ATA events including Councils and Conferences events. Responsibilities include overseeing the implementation and development of allied partnerships and exhibit projects from ideation to distribution of the final project.
- Contacts exhibit and sponsorship prospects through sales calls and email communications
- Assists in researching and cultivating new exhibit and sponsorship customers
- Makes retention calls to outstanding exhibitors and sponsors
- Aids in developing new solicitations for exhibit and sponsorship opportunities.
- Contributes to the drafting and distribution of communications to exhibitors and sponsors: sales campaigns, right of first refusal forms, and letters of agreement
- Creates and distributes post-event surveys to sponsors and exhibitors
- Manages process for review and approval of exhibitor and sponsorship program ads and other marketing materials
- Works closely with the Director, Allied Partnerships & Exhibits to review and negotiate contracts with exhibit services, registration, and lead retrieval contractors.
- Work closely with the Event Services department to research and implement new meeting technologies to benefit ATA’s conventions and its participants, particularly in the areas of exhibits and sponsor recognition.
- Travels to industry trade shows and events to promote ATA events.
- Travels to ATA events (including Council and Conferences events) to provide onsite support to ATA’s exhibitors and sponsors and to promote and sell exhibits for future ATA events.
- Works with the Director, Allied Partnerships & Exhibits, Director, Allied Partnerships, and Sr. Director, Marketing to maximize the participation of ATA Carrier and Allied Members in exhibit programs.
Education/Relevant Experience: BS/BA degree in marketing, sales & services, business administration, or a related field. 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years of experience in exhibit or sponsorship sales required. Previous experience in an association highly preferred.
Skills/Qualifications: Must have previous experience consistently meeting sales goals, proven success in consultative (B2B) sales, is able to understand and anticipate the needs of customers, able to provide creative solutions for customers and delivery consistent results. Knowledge of Personify database system and A2Z a plus. Must have ability to analyze and interpret general business proposals, contracts, and technical procedures. Must have a keen ability for relationship building and vendor management. MS Office proficiency required. Must have strong organization, time and project management abilities, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Professional Certification and Affiliations: CEM preferred but not required
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- ATA Headquarters, 950 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America