Senior Home Repair Technician
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.'s mission is to develop and support thriving, stable communities in neighborhoods with a substantial Jewish population. Since 1983, CHAI has increased home ownership and economic stability, increased neighborhood safety and strengthened community associations and public schools in Northwest Baltimore. Our successes wouldn’t be possible without our staff and their commitment to making our community tick.
CHAI believes that Black lives matter. We are committed to fostering a safe, anti-racist environment. Together, through open dialogue, we will continually learn and grow with a goal of achieving a culture that promotes justice and pushes for systemic change. We commit to ensuring that the voices influencing our actions are inclusive and representative. We stand firm in our belief that racial equity is essential to strong community.
Senior Home Repair Technician
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance Inc. has an immediate opening for Senior Home Repair Technician. The Senior Home Repair Technician evaluates the repair and safety needs in homes of low-income older adults and adults with disabilities. The ideal candidate will provide the appropriate direct repair services, safety modifications and energy-saving improvements to clients and works with the Senior Home Repair & Benefits (SHRB) team to maximize community resources including general contractors and volunteers.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
The Senior Home Repair Technician responsibilities include:
- Perform repair/maintenance services, including but not limited to the following:
- minor plumbing repairs
- minor electrical repairs
- cement repairs for steps, sidewalks, foundation
- repair/install locks on doors/windows
- smoke detector/carbon monoxide service & installation
- screen/glass replacement for windows/doors
- gutter work, clean out, repair
- grab bar and railing installation
- repair interior/exterior doors
- minor roofing repairs
- Respond in a timely manner to service requests
- Call clients to schedule appointments
- Determine and purchase materials necessary to complete jobs
- Accurately track daily activities and submit completed service tickets
- Schedule and oversee outside contractors when necessary
- Review rates and contracts to ensure fair pricing and comprehensive scope of work
- Work with SHRB team to organize annual “Good Neighbor Day” and other volunteer opportunities
General Agency Assistance:
- Assist with minor repairs at the CHAI building
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years maintenance or contracting experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in use of hand and power tools, ladders, and other tools of technician trade
- Demonstrated proficiency in construction and repair skills
- MHIC Licensed Contractor preferred
- Good driving record
- Strong work ethic
Desired Competencies & Skills:
- Responsible use and good stewardship of company vehicle
- Ability to communicate and interact in a trusted and friendly manner with older adults
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English with a diverse group of colleagues, clients, vendors and external agencies
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, ability to empathize and a strong customer service orientation to older adults
- Basic technology skills (email, texting, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $40k-$45k for unlicensed and $45k-$50k for MHIC licensed
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
Electronic submissions are preferred.
Please Apply Below
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family CHAI
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baltimore, MD, USA