Visitor Experiences Coordinator
Visitor Experiences Coordinator
The Jewish Museum of Maryland (JMM) seeks a Visitor Experiences Coordinator to develop and implement high-quality experiences for and with all who visit the JMM. They will act as the forward face of the museum and
take an active role in creating a welcoming environment for all, both onsite and online.
In this role, with the support of the Executive Director and Director of Public Programs, you will be responsible for:
- Welcoming all to the museum, including handling admission, orienting visitors to the site and collecting basic data.
- Develop dynamic and multifaceted museum experiences that are sensitive to a broad range of visitors, their interests, and museum-going preferences/desires.
- Interact with JMM visitors and colleagues in a friendly, professional, and safe manner.
- Present onsite and digital tours to individual visitors and adult groups of both our historic synagogues and exhibits.
- Market and schedule onsite and digital experiences for adult groups.
- Schedule, coordinate payment, and facilitate rentals of our site, including the museum building and the historic Lloyd Street Synagogue.
- Schedule and coordinate with contractors as needed for basic site maintenance.
- Train and communicate with security guards, program keycards and IDs, and complete monthly safety inspections.
What You Will Possess to be Successful
- You will exemplify our core value of continuous learning and partner with team members on agreed expectations about the work we need them to do to support and fulfill our mission as well as how the team will accomplish the work.
- You will educate the team by sharing what you know, and you will encourage colleagues to engage in ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Take an entrepreneurial and creative approach to development new, innovative ideas that will evolve the organization and push the boundaries of the field.
- Care and attend to the relational dynamics of process while caring for the quality of the product.
- At least one year in a visitor services position, preferably within a museum.
- Strong computer/technology skills, a familiarity with Zoom and Blackbaud Altru would be a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and delegate.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Knowledge and experience within the Jewish communal sector would be a plus.
- Must be a skillful and proactive communicator, including experience in facilitating engaging and informative discussions or presentations.
- Experience working with volunteers, as well as managing and collaborating with external vendors
- Digital production skills would be a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We offer a work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/
life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and parental leave.
Salary range is approximately $35,000 - $40,000. Salary will be based on qualifications and skills.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
To learn more about The Jewish Museum of Maryland visit: https://jewishmuseummd.org/
The Jewish Museum of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The JMM is dedicated to advancing racial and social justice and holds a deep sense of care and commitment to the communities within which we live and work.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JMM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baltimore, MD, USA