TEVA Young Adult Engagement Manager
We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
Pearlstone’s TEVA Young Adult Engagement Manager will join a growing program team implementing immersive, transformative experiences on our beautiful 180-acre campus and Jewish Outdoor Food Farm & Environmental Education (JOFEE). The Young Adult Engagement Manager will drive engagement and recruitment among young adults and will report to the Education Director. This position will be a lead educator, in particular for programmatic activities for young adults. Primarily, this includes a partnership with OneTable through The Associated to be the Baltimore hub producing authentic shabbat experiences while creating intention and building meaningful communities. In addition, the Young Adult Engagement Manager would recruit other interested young adults to become hourly or seasonal educators and manage our ambassador program where interested individuals help recruit new participants to our programs.
PEARLSTONE JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: TEVA Young Adult Engagement Manager
Reports to: Education Director
· OneTable Partnership: maximize the success of the Baltimore expansion and provide programming to participants when onsite for Shabbat meals and special events.
· Ambassadors: Recruit, engage, and empower robust cadre of Ambassadors participating in and promoting Pearlstone programs to their peer networks.
· Participate in peer-led cohorts for professionals who engage young adults through The Associated.
· Other potential partnerships: Execute high-quality off-site programming with new and existing community partners catering to the young adult audience like IMPACT, Repair the World, Moishe House, Jewish United for Justice and Hinenu: The Baltimore Justice Shtiebl.
· Steward the experience of Pearlstone seasonal residential onsite educators and fellows.
· This person will be a trained JOFEE educator, and recruit and train on-call educators for programs, including, but not limited to TEVA, Farm & Forest School, Tiyul Adventures, and other programs as needed.
· Pearlstone immersive retreats: serve as the primary educator to work with this demographic when on site.
· Bachelor's degree in education, administration, Jewish Studies
· Non-profit experience preferred, but not required
· Ability to work with diverse populations and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders of all ages and backgrounds including clergy, colleagues, campers, guests, and volunteers.
· Excited to learn new technologies and integrate systems into the work to be more efficient and effective
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable in front of groups, making announcements
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
· Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction as necessary
· Ability to prioritize and undertake multiple deadline-driven tasks
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
· Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Outlook
Mental, Physical and Visual Skills:
· Ability to be receptive to and accepting of guidance from others
Must be able to follow written, verbal, or diagrammatic instructions with several concrete variables. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and do calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages. Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing. Must be able to do light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, performing such activities as climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, pulling, walking, pushing, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Have visual requirements of mid-range vision.
This is an EXEMPT position with varied work hours. Works in a normal hotel environment. Fast work pace due to meeting deadlines.
Ninety days from date of employment date. Thereafter, annually. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family PEARL
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $30,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $40,000.00
- 5425 Mt Gilead Rd, Reisterstown, MD 21136, USA