KSSU (1303) Music and Production Assistant
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
The KSSU Music & Production Assistant is responsible for maintaining and curating KSSU’s library of music as well as carrying out audio production related tasks for the station. Primary duties consist of receiving and organizing music submissions, collaborating with the volunteer and program coordinator and KSSU volunteers on reviewing music, maintaining KSSU’s digital and physical CD music library, assisting in recording audio podcasts and projects, and editing podcasts and audio projects as assigned.
This position is scheduled to start in August 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties;
- Respond in a professional, friendly and timely manner to email, phone and in person inquiries;
- Engage and maintain strong communications with music professionals;
- Coordinate artist interviews and collaborate with station staff on concert ticket giveaways;
- Maintain and curate KSSU’s digital and physical music library;
- Prepare and submit weekly music play charts to the North American College Charts;
- Prepare and submit music reports to Performance Rights Organizations as needed;
- Primarily assist in recording and editing KSSU related podcasts and audio projects;
- Attend regular KSSU staff & DJ meetings;
- Hold at least one listening party per month when spring and fall classes are in session with KSSU staff and volunteers each semester;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with a diverse student population
- Understand and follow oral/written directions
- Listen and respond courteously to questions
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations
- Self-starter, good time management, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant
- Must be eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS).
- Student friendly attitude, adaptability and capacity to learn
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Proficiency working with digital audio workstation software such as Adobe Audition.
- Basic experience with Microsoft word, excel, outlook.
- Experience as a KSSU staff member or volunteer
- Operating knowledge of in-studio equipment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working in audio production or class experience for 6 months or more.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.The employee must:
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
WORK ENVIRONMENT(Choose one only)
- Office setting
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA