Aquatic Center Water Front Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Water Front Supervisor works under the direction of the Associate Director serving as the lead facilitator for Water Enrichment Training (team building) and boating safety classes, camps and special programs. In the winter months (November through March) the Water Front Supervisor works under the direction of both the Director and Associate Director providing administrative support and assisting with special projects and Aquatic Center promotions. This position will require working in the office as well as outside in the elements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work under the direct supervision of the Associate Director as the supervisor of the Aquatic Center boating safety instructors. May be called upon to provide youth programs support throughout the year, including November through March, as needed.
• With support of the Associate Director, train, supervise and evaluate all boating & safety instructors (W.E.T., Youth Programs, & events), dock masters and lifeguards. Oversight may include boating & safety instructors for Youth Camps in the absence of the Program Supervisor.
• Ensure proper staffing levels for scheduled programs that meet compliance with all safety regulations.
• Assist the Director and Associate Director in development, marketing and evaluation of all programs. Implement program changes as directed. Work promotional events, i.e., boat shows, health and safety fairs, and public events.
• Serve as safety officer for daily operations. This involves monitoring safety stations/first aid supplies, restocking supplies as needed and ensuring timely maintenance and repair of safety equipment. Maintain required OSHA and safety records.
• Instruct classes as needed (i.e. WET Team Building, youth groups, stand up paddling, kayaking, lifeguarding, canoeing, etc.).
• Assist Director and Associate Director with special projects during slow seasons (November through March).
• Assess and inform Director and Associate Director of program and equipment needs that will impact annual budget projections.
• Provide support to Aquatic Center special events as required.
• Work additional overtime, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High integrity and excellent work ethic
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to safety a must
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
• Ability to multi task
• Lifeguarding, First Aid and C.P.R. certification (must acquire certification within six months of hire)
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to climb up to approximately 50 feet above the ground (with safety equipment)
• General knowledge of boat operations (teach others how to operate boats and be able to troubleshoot mechanical or operational problems)
• Ability to teach effectively in front of large groups
• Ability to maintain a Class B driver’s license and meet ASI driving criteria
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience working in a recreation or aquatic environment with boating and water sports - sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, canoeing, rowing and boat operations
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.75
- Max Hiring Rate $22.50
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA