Aquatic Center -Rowing Instructor
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The Rowing Instructor provides supervision to youth and adults. Instructs and educates on the fundamentals of Olympic rowing. Emphasizes safety and best practices when on and off the water.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
• All duties are performed in collaboration with the Program Managers and other Rowing Coaches.
• Responsible for education, safety, and well-being of all students under their care. Perform rescues as needed.
• Rowing Instructor may be assigned to teach
o Basic public rowing classes
o Kinesiology (P.E.) rowing classes
o Public/private rowing classes
• Attend semi-yearly safety training for launch drivers and coaches.
• Ensure equipment maintenance in collaboration with Program Managers.
• Recommend replacement parts as needed.
• Develop and maintain relationships with students and coaching staff.
• Provide support to Aquatic Center special events as required. This requires overtime.
• Other duties may be assigned by Rowing Program Manager, Director, or Associate Director
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Strong organizations skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively to serve a diverse customer population.
• 2 years minimum rowing experience with 1 year minimum coaching experience
• Current First Aid, CPR,
• Ability to lift and move up to 60 pounds
• Microsoft office proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• California Boater Card
• Bachelor’s degree
• Level 1 Instructor Certification from US Rowing
• Two years supervisory experience
• Life Guarding certificates
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for heat, cold, wind, and rain
• Must be able to work in an outdoor atmosphere that may involve balance (such as launch going through wakes), walking on dirt pathways, and riding a bicycle
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.75
- Max Hiring Rate $21.25
- Job Start Date Monday, April 4, 2022
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA