Aquatic Center - Youth Instructor (Certified)
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
The Youth Instructor shall handle the daily operations for youth programs at the Aquatic Center. The primary area of responsibility is to teach boating safety to children ages 7-17.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to be proficient in sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking and boating safety through on-site training. Perform rescues as needed.
• Responsible for up to15 or more children per week during assigned summer camp sessions as needed.
• Supervise/instruct youth groups, birthday parties, team builds as needed.
• Check-in and check-out of campers is required on daily basis. Typically Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
• Facility and equipment cleaning is required on a daily basis.
• Available to work overtime during peak seasons as needed.
• Must be available for certain shifts or special events.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must enjoy children and be able to be an educator as well as a role model
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to speak publicly in front of children and youth
• Must have thorough knowledge of the Aquatic Center programs and class offerings and outreach as a whole
• Ability to appropriately use all power boats
• C.P.R., First Aid, Lifeguard Certificate (must be current)
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability drive a power boat and pass the DBAW Safety Certification/CA Boater Card
• Ability to play and facilitate games in a fun environment
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
• Must have prior experience in sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and canoeing, rowing or have completed the required courses
• Previous Aquatic/boating knowledge
• Class B Driver’s License with passenger endorsement
• Previous experience working with children
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.75
- Max Hiring Rate $21.25
- Job Start Date Monday, April 4, 2022
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA