Aquatic Center Facilities Technician
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The Facilities Technician is primarily responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in the overall maintenance and repair of the Aquatic Center facility and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, perform routine maintenance for the physical plant of the Center and equipment meeting all established deadlines. Immediately respond to emergency repair needs.
• Safely perform job duties.
• Regularly review and complete comprehensive repair log as required. Prioritize and complete repairs.
• Serve as a technician for maintenance and repair projects as directed by the Facilities Manager.
• Inventory tools and equipment utilized for maintenance ensuring they are in safe working order. Make recommendations for equipment replacement to Facilities Manager as needed.
• Provide support to Aquatic Center special events as required. This requires overtime.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
• General carpentry skills
• Minimum 2 years’ experience; general maintenance
• Ability to appropriately use power tools and hand tools (i.e. hammer, screwdriver, wrench, saw)
• First Aid and C.P.R. certification (must have acquired certification within six months of hire)
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to climb up to approximately 50 feet above the ground (with safety equipment)
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
• General knowledge of building and facilities maintenance
• General knowledge of boat maintenance and fiber glass repair work
• Valid driver’s license class C must be maintained at all times to meet ASI driver criteria
• CA Boater Card
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Knowledge of small motors maintenance
• General Knowledge of motor vehicles and safe motor vehicle operation
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
Combination of indoors and outdoors. Outdoors exposed to rain, heat and cold temperature for up to 8 hours a day. Walking and climbing; lifting and carrying heavy objects; bending and stooping continually and for extended periods of time.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS (Select as needed)
Criminal (Access to Level 1 data, credit/cash/all Full-Time position)
Fingerprinting and Sex Offender Registries (Direct Contact with Minors)
Drug Testing (Job required commercial driver license)
Credit Check (credit card holders/access to financial information)
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.50
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA