Accounts Payable Specialist (Anchorage, Alaska)
Initial 1-year contract with a large Oil & Gas company
Benefits Eligible: Optional
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
ASCI is currently seeking applicants to be considered for an Accounts Payable Specialist role. This role will be responsible for the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shared Management of the AP inbox to ensure correct and timely processing of invoices are within agreed KPI. Monitoring invoices in the system to identify any errors, rectify as needed to ensure they are selected for payment runs when due.
- Processing batch and manual payments including local and foreign invoices as per the payment schedule to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with agreed terms.
- Monitor supplier database, making change requests when required so details are correct and up to date.
- Reconcile supplier account statements and follow up on any outstanding invoices or credits for processing to avoid unfavorable action from suppliers. Give urgent attention to accounts that are over 90 days outstanding or have been placed on “Stop Credit”.
- Proactively follow up on invoice approvals within the business to avoid late payments.
- Month end and general accounting support when required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 3 to 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
- Anchorage, AK, USA