Contracting and Procurement Support Specialist
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
This job opportunity is contingent on contract award.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Advanced Supply Chain International (ASCI) is currently seeking applicants to be considered for a Contracting and Procurement Support Specialist role. Candidate will perform a key role in the Supply Chain Department by converting agreements and contracts into SAP compatible formats. This work entails extracting relevant data from contracts in physical or electronic form and accurately transferring it to SAP in accordance with established process. This position will report to the clients Contracting Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of the source to pay life cycle from Request for Proposal to contract close-out
- Familiarity with contract documentation including drafts, executed originals, amendments, compensation templates
- Understanding of workflow, approval flow and Delegations of Authority
- Thorough grasp of ERP (SAP experience preferred) data structures and how meta data is transferred from contract documents
- Above average Microsoft Excel abilities to move large data sets; Superior written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex or technical processes in plain language to end users.
- Superior attention to detail, time management, and prioritization.
- Understanding of capital and operating budgets and their role in the materials or services requisition process
- Recognition of approved spend levels and their impact on process
- Can accurately translate contract details into requisition form for both materials and services
- Able to extract material data from company’s material master record or supplier provided information to create material requisitions
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred; 3+ years’ experience specific to an ERP environment will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least 3 years SAP or other ERP system experience with fluency in contracts and procurement.
- Anchorage, AK, USA