TRC - ICF - LPN - 2nd Shift
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE/CELORON A
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse Manager and/or Supervising Registered Nurse (RN)
FUNCTION: To provide directly and/or to ensure through observation and monitoring, that the health care services necessary to meet the needs of the individuals in an assigned residence are provided in a timely and effective manner. To assist in the provision of personal care and direct support services for the individuals in an assigned residence
ASSIGNMENT:? LPN would typically work in a certified residence as the one LPN for that residence or as part of a team of LPNs for residences that serve individuals with high medical needs. ? Schedule assigned can be first, second, or third shift hours based on resident need.
- Provides medical care as ordered by a physician or nurse practioner in the area of skilled nursing services, including but not limited to tracheostomy care and catherization.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Monitors the health status of individuals living in assigned residence.
- Provides training to direct support professionals on general health-related issues such as infection control, and on health issues related to a specific individual.
- Provides information to the physician/practitioner for all medical appointments, schedules appointments; and may attend specialty and/or routine consults which would enhance the quality of medical care for the individual.
- Documents pertinent contacts made on behalf of individuals and any new medical/health related information.
- Ensures documentation of vital signs, weight, intake/output, seizure activity, response to medication/treatment for individuals assigned to their care.
- Ensures medication and treatment records accurately reflect current physicians orders including ordering/filling prescriptions, ensuring over-the-counter medications are available and date is current, ensuring first aid equipment and supplies are fully stocked in area(s) of responsibility.
- Attends meetings to receive information or to provide medical/health related information as indicated, for individuals living in assigned residence.
- Communicates to RN all recommendations, orders or changes in plan of treatment from medical providers. Communicates changes to residential staff per RN direction.
- Maintains communication with Day Services and other service providers to ensure continuity of health services, timely identification health concerns, and satisfactory and timely resolution of mutual issues relative to individuals served.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship with medical service providers in the community.
- Provides emergency medical treatment, as needed.
- 1. Provides direct care and direct support services to residents of the home including but not limited to:
a. Provides instruction and supervision of residents in completion of personal care, daily living, and community activities.
b. Assists individuals in the pursuit of personal interest in the community, as well as, at the residence, including religious functions.
c. Provides crisis intervention support services to residents as needed or assigned.
d. Intervenes and reports any incidences or unusual occurrences as per policy/procedure. Ensures any immediate protective action is taken.
e. Ensures adequate diet according to identified needs and/or requirements.
f. Understands, identifies and advocates for individual rights.
g. Models appropriate interaction with the residents and provides a positive role model for all individuals.
h. Maintains compliance with State and Federal regulations, as well as, with Agency program policies and procedures.
i. Maintains an effective and positive relationship with family, correspondents, friends, service providers sand the community-at-large.
j. Reports to supervisor(s) any information pertinent to the needs of the individual or to the operation of the program.
k. Participates in Program Planning Team, including identifying, implementing, and documenting individual program plan.
l. Assists in providing a safe, clean, comfortable an therapeutic environment.
- Performs all other related duties, as needed or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Comprehensive knowledge of the observation and treatment of illness and disease; knowledge of medications and their prescribed usage; technical knowledge of medication administration principles; ability to work with families; good organizational, communication, decision-making and customer service skills; Reliability, adaptability and flexibility, including willingness and ability to maintain a good attendance record. Ability to follow written program plans and document and maintain records related to them. Knowledge of, or ability to obtain, computer skills sufficient to complete assigned job duties. The ability to work with others as part of a team in order to satisfy the needs of consumers, the program and the Agency. Must demonstrate knowledge of, and willingness to adhere to, all departmental and agency policies and procedures. Physical condition commensurate with demands of the job, including the unrestricted ability to assist in lifting and transferring on a regular basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: New York State licensure or eligibility for New York State licensure to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Professional experience preferred. Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record, according to guidelines established by the agency insurance carrier or equivalent accommodations required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 27 Gifford Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA