TRC - LPN
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse Manager Residence Manager/Site Supervisor
FUNCTION:To assist in the provision of delegated medical/nursing services. This includes the training of staff in medical/nursing procedures, completion of required documentation and communication with physician. May perform CLS responsibilities as requested by the Residence Manager/Site Supervisor.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: DIRECT CARE:
- Encourages, guides, teaches individuals in developing daily living skills.
- Intervenes when individuals display inappropriate and/or self-injurious behavior, implementing approved methods of intervention.
- Ensures that diets are adhered to.
- Understands, identifies, and advocates for individual rights.
- Provides a positive role model for all individuals
- Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations as well as with agency program policies and procedures.
- Maintains an effective and positive relation with family, correspondents, friends, service providers, and the community at large.
- Reports to supervisor(s) any information pertinent to the needs of the individual or to the operation of the program.
- Participates in Program Planning Team. Includes identifying, implementing and documenting individual program plan.
- Assists in providing a safe, clean, comfortable and therapeutic environment.
- Completes medication administration passes on a rotating basis.
- Provides access for the individual to become participating members of the community through use of community resources.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in the training of staff including the Agency Medication Administration Course.
- Reads medical/health notes and offers feedback to staff regarding the entries.
- Communication with Physicians regarding individual medical issues and documents conversation and ensures any follow up is completed.
- Visits individuals in the hospital and communicates with the nursing staff there. Reports visit to the Nurse Manager and others involved.
- Completes required medical documentation, including but not limited to: SDMC, Psychiatric Consults, Med Reviews, and any other designated medical documentation.
- Monitors documentation of Bowel Tracking, vitals and weights and other pertinent medical documentation.
- Attends appointments with individuals as needed or as assigned.
- Maintains med room and conducts Medication Administration Record reviews.
- Maintains Prescription Book (Script Book) and follows up with pharmacy and/or physician for any expired or incorrect script.
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Must possess good organizational skills and ability to follow directions. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The ability to work with others in team-oriented environment, including but not limited to: displaying initiative, demonstrating productive interpersonal, listening and conflict resolution skills. Demonstrated ability to implement behavioral interventions. Ability to be flexible and/or work a flexible schedule in order to meet consumer and/or program needs. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Ability and willingness to work a schedule that is based upon the needs of the program and individuals served.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:LPN Certification 5/2007 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: LPN Certification
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 418 Eagle St, Dunkirk, NY 14048, USA