1001 - TRC - High School Human Services Intern
HUMAN SERVICES - INTERN
RESPONSIBLE TO:Residence Manager
To assist with the oversight of people supported in social and recreational activities.To assist with household activities with people supported such as cleaning, laundry, and special projects as assigned.
The Human Services – Intern will work only during times when a supervisor is available to provide supervision, direction, mentorship and guidance.
- Supports regular opportunities for people supported to participate in community outings, including leisure/recreational and religious activities, that are based on personal choice and interest.
- Provides a positive role model for residents while at the site and out in the community.
- Advocates for the residents by communicating any ideas, suggestions, and concerns to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintains effective and positive relations with family, correspondents, friends, service providers and the community-at-large.
- Assists in providing a safe, clean, comfortable and therapeutic environment to teach residents new skills.
- Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations as well as with agency and program policies and procedures.
- Reports to the supervisor(s) any information pertinent to the needs of the assigned residents and/or the needs of the operation of the residence.
- Performs duties and activities to support the operation of the residence with the exception of personal care
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Physical condition commensurate with demands of the job. Reliability, adaptability and flexibility, including willingness and ability to maintain a good attendance record.Uses proper teaching techniques to support people in accordance with the Code of Conduct/Ethics. The ability to work with others as part of a team in order to satisfy the needs of people supported, the program and the Agency.Must demonstrate knowledge of, and willingness to adhere to, all departmental and agency policies and procedures.
Current High School Student in good standing.Has NYS Working Papers, if applicable.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA