Distribution Material Handler 2nd shift 10:30a-7p
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
The Distribution Operator is responsible for distribution of product and materials in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. The Distribution Operator is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all orders and transactions processed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare customer shipments based on sales acknowledgments for domestic and international markets. Utilize FedEx power ship terminal to create customer address and freight charges.
- Prepare product for shipment to contract sterilizers at site locations where required.
- Move and store raw materials, component parts, finished goods, operating supplies, engineering small tools and spares, etc. to designated locations in the plant and warehouse.
- Load and drive the warehouse truck from the warehouse to the plant, remote warehouses and sterilizer; highlight the need for automotive repairs as soon as they become apparent at site locations where required.
- Complete documentation and transactions in Oracle.
- Operate fork truck and other warehouse equipment in a safe and correct manner. Follow good manufacturing practices for separation, storage, FIFO, and maintain proper housekeeping at all times.
- Communicate with supervisor and other functions as needed.
- Use Oracle system and all necessary functions in a proficient manner.
- Pick orders from storage locations.
- Pack cartons for shipment while checking order for accuracy.
- Process FedEx and UPS orders.
- Order confirmation and packing slip verification.
- Checking product for expiration issues.
- Product put away along with accurately assigning bay locations for incoming sterile product.
- Bay maintenance and organization.
- Load and unload trailers at site locations where required.
- Inventory management. Cycle counts, inquiries, Investigate discrepancies as requested.
- Process Stock Requisitions for samples as requested.
- Product transfers as requested.
- Good communication with all departments. Take direction from customer service and communicate issues as they arise.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Change fork truck batteries (at site locations where required) and do battery maintenance routinely.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Education and Experience
- High School/GED Level of Degree in the general field of study preferred
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree Yes No
- 0 years of demonstrated experience in a manufacturing, distribution or warehouse environment.
- N/A Certifications Required
- Any preferred education, experience or certifications: Forklift experience/certification a plus
- Valid Drivers license may be required
- Ability to read, write and compute basic math.
- Ability to take direction.
- Self motivated, flexible and cooperative.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination.
- Demonstrated decision making skills and effective problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Clean room and warehouse environment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Ability to regularly stand and walk to perform production tasks. Required to perform repetitive movement while demonstrating proficient hand and eye coordination, hand dexterity and good vision.
By signing the Learning & Development training form, I understand that the company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This document does not create a contract of employment between AngioDynamics and any individual, express or implied. All employees are, and remain, employees-at-will.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 7.0 Operatives
- Job Function Distribution/Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- 24 Native Rd, Queensbury, NY 12804, USA