Account Services Representative
The Account Services Rep is responsible for building and fostering a relationship between client and their customers. It is responsibility of this position to act as a key liaison between the account sales manager and/or customers and the many functional areas involved in the order life-cycle in a proactive fashion. This role will assist in accepting and processing customer orders, and manages the orders to completion of shipment. This position must ensure that any and all problems relating to the successful order processing and shipment are resolved, and that proper communication and reporting, internally and externally, are provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibility
Other duties may be assigned.
- Taking and maintaining a proactive approach on all orders to meet the customer's and client's needs. Review order activity through the use of various reports and take the necessary action to ensure orders are being shipped complete and on time.
- Coordinate, plan, and maintain orders on upcoming promotions, resets, ads and new releases for customers and ensure all internal team departments are aware of any requirements and/or changes to ensure all promotions, resets, new releases and customer orders are executed to highest standard available to the customer.
- Analyzes and assesses inventory timing & dispatch requirements through the use of various reports and follows up on shipments to ensure completion and 100% on-time delivery and communicate shortfalls immediately.
- Investigates shipment discrepancy inquiries from customers; possesses the authorization to request Proof of Deliveries from duplicators and forward to customers and to resolve billing errors and shipment discrepancies via return authorizations.
- Act as a key liaison with: (1) Sales - To resolve customer service issues; (2) Credit Department -To assist in resolving system invoicing problems, customer credit issues, and deductions; (3) Distribution Planning - Communicate and follow up when large or select products are ordered to ensure proper handling and scheduling of these orders
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive account management.
- Troubleshoot and solve any problems or issues presented.
- Obtain and consistently update product knowledge.
- Create and build direct relationships within client's internal departments to ensure information is being provided on a timely basis. Communicate with Operations/ Production regarding status on product availability and/or product issues. Communicate special promotions/ needs for upcoming releases.
- Manage all specific customer label info. Set up data and SKU information in the Order Management System. Create and maintain New Item set-up information from customer system (if applicable). Update information accordingly in WHV internal systems.
- Utilizes technology to create and return customer data and records
- Maintains the refused shipment log prepared by the distributor and the ultimate resolution of the refused shipment
- Sets up and maintains customer profiles and works with the sales force and customers on the creation and set-up of Value Added Service orders including corrugate assembly, bill of materials, and price stickering
- Handles and resolves inquiries from the sales force and customers regarding order status and general product information, including keeping up-to-date with all products, product numbers, order cutoff, street dates, person authorized to give and/or change
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of the Six Sigma methodologies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations. Has a passion to serve others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private client and customer information in accordance to Alta Resources and Client's policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drive results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, HSED) required. Post high school education is preferred.
- Previous work experience in customer service, sales, training, member retention or relevant work experience is required. Industry experience or any other service related industry experience is highly desired.
- Ability to quickly learn complex program and product knowledge, work on a PC, accessing and navigating multiple software applications in a Windows environment while talking to the customer on the phone via a headset at the same time. Beginner to Intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite, primarily in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is desired. Keying data entry efficiently and accurately with proficiency in typing/keyboard is required. Polished phone demeanor, tone and etiquette is required.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes, but is not limited to: Beginner to Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple Internet search windows. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Alta Resources is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Hourly
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America