Senior Customer Care Rep
The Senior Customer Care Representative position provides professional, quality, and "best in class" service or existing or prospective customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and philosophies of Alta and our clients. This position will support a customer care representative team as well as work with an Alta’s client in many facets. This position will assist in working with the call center in regards to escalated call issues and answering process questions, following a designated escalated system process designed by Alta’s client. This position is responsible for ensuring agent schedule and call metrics adherence and will also be trusted to provide immediate resolutions to customer issues and concerns. This position will monitor calls and provide call coaching, conduct interactions with the client and will be utilized in the launch and training of new hires and/or product/services. The Senior Customer Care Rep will also be expected to be a role model to all Customer Care Representatives while reporting to a Team Leader. This position will assist with daily, weekly and monthly reports, analysis of data that is collected, and suggesting improvement opportunities. Close communication with the Alta’s leadership and client will be necessary to ensure the program’s success. This position will assist with team training, interviewing support, client conference calls and will be required to provide management support during Alta’s clients' hours of business; which may include nights and weekends.
Essential Duties & Responsibility
- Serves as a company ambassador by delivering a high level of professionalism and quality through the delivery of exceptional customer service and support by utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills and effective telephone techniques.
- Handles escalated (sensitive, urgent and particularly unusual) consumer contacts by following established guidelines and procedures or exception to these under direction of Alta's guidelines and client procedures. Troubleshoots and problem solves customer's issues or concerns by providing solutions, recommendations, replacements, gathering of sensitive information, and/or detailed product information with a sense of urgency while using a positive and empathic approach at all times.
- Assists with quality control and data accuracy of staff’s customer interactions, complete and audit reports, monitor call flow and queue activity.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records with a high attention to detail to ensure accurate data is entered in CRM, client systems, and other technology as needed. Additional duties may include balancing of orders, updating reports, assist in the final testing of new surveys, and some data analysis.
- May identify and coaches staff on potential sales opportunities with customers regarding their product needs, or up selling related products.
- Consistently meet performance expectations. Assists Team Lead in motivating and encouraging team members to achieve goals. Completes daily tasks within pre-established timelines by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects or cross functional teams with minimal direction from management. Meets all identified team and client performance metrics, goals and deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing, high performing team based environment. Provides back up support to other teams as needed.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge.
- Builds relationships and works closely with client, Alta co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed.
- Communicate professionally across all sites and levels of the organization. Remains visible and approachable to all employees on the team.
- Recommends improvements to management in service, product, procedures, and/or packaging to support operational excellence or to prevent future issues of a similar nature.
- Report any training needs or system error/discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Meets with Team Leader on a regular basis to discuss plans and strategies. Meets deadlines in completing delegated tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of the Six Sigma methodologies. This position will be responsible for assisting in a management capacity in the absence of the Team Leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations. Has a passion to serve others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written business communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, coach and motivate, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring internal staff and customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private client and customer information in accordance to Alta Resources and Client's policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player and role model, and deliver results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist and coach teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, HSED) required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Two to three years of customer service experience is required.
- Handling escalated/difficult/sensitive customer issues in a diversified, complex environment is desired. Sales, training, or member retention experience is a plus. Experience coaching, managing, and/or training world class customer care teams via multiple communication channels are preferred. Industry experience or any other service related industry experience is highly desired.
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex program and product knowledge, experience working on a PC, accessing and navigating multiple software applications in a Windows environment while talking to the customer on the phone via a headset at the same time is required. Beginner to Intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite, primarily in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Keying data entry efficiently and accurately with proficiency in typing/keyboard is required. Polished phone demeanor, tone and etiquette is required.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes, but is not limited to: Beginner to Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple Internet search windows. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Alta Resources is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Hourly
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America