Performs job duties with support of direct supervision, perform a variety of electrical instrument drawing designs and corrections for project executions. Support drawing modifications with activities supporting capital execution. Work typically performed in office and field.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Participate in safety audits or surveillances.
- General understanding of P&IDs and PFD’s and learn/understand symbols.
- Learn, review and integrate vendor schematic and drawings into site based designs.
- Perform redline incorporations for current plant drawings.
- Perform systems walk downs to understand deficiencies, compliance to design and customer requirements with Sr. Designers and Engineers. Field verification required.
- Familiarity with utilization of department design and drafting standards.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications, and design criteria upon assignment to a project team.
- Drafting installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementary diagrams, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power, and instrumentation plans.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
- Providing on-site assistance during startup.
- Learn/demonstrate applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Learn construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Become exposed to process package and to understand design requirements.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Travel 10%
- 1-5 years of AutoCAD or equivalent Certification of its use.
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing facility (chemical, pulp/paper, refinery, etc.).
- High School Diploma.
- General understanding of Industrial facilities.
- General understanding of Safety programs and PPE requirements while performing field research.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with personnel.
- Must be able to work and remain in the United States.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Associates Degree in Electrical and or Instrument design.
- 3-D experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in industrial facility
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC02 - ISC Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA