Project Controls Specialist
Position Summary:The Project Controls Specialist is responsible for project accounting and providing guidance and analytical assistance to the engineering department and plant management to assure expenditures are controlled within scope of distribution. This position is responsible for providing document controls support to the engineering department and it serves as the primary document controls contact between off-site contractors and the on-site engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support project manager, construction manager and project team regarding submittals, RFI's, drawings, specifications and other project documents
· Create and maintain document tracking logs
· Process, organize and maintain transmittals, electronic filing systems, correspondence, standards and procedures.
· Verify all cost commitments are properly prepared and coded; assist in month- and year-end closing activities and coordinate transfers/accruals with project accounting group
· Maintain administrative project cost control files; verify all project commitments are complete for project closure
· Maintain the capital forecast database for major and minor projects
· Maintain project controls procedures at the local level and participate in business updates
· Drive project controls and ensures department’s adherence to the company’s accounting policies and standards of internal control
· Assist with the entry of purchase requisitions and general procurement activities.
· Verify construction orders are properly prepared and coded, revise purchase orders per approved change notices from engineers, post goods receipts per approved invoices, and close purchase orders
· Provide material expediting service, coordinating activity of engineering, construction, purchasing, and vendors
· Associates degree in related field or 3+ years of relevant experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF software required. Previous experience with SAP and Sharepoint preferred.
· Ability to consistently meet multiple and often conflicting deadlines.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, and proven people and organizational skills
· Must have initiative, self-organization, and ability to tactfully deal with peers and leaders
· Ability to communicate effectively to all organizational levels
· Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
· Ability to effectively utilize or learn ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs
· Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Must be able to work under pressure while remaining committed to meeting project deadlines
- Job Family SC02 - ISC Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA