Senior Lead Reliability Engineer
The Senior Lead Reliability Engineer is the owner and has primary responsibility for the Owner User Program and R Stamp Certification at the Hopewell plant. They will work closely with other maintenance engineers, maintenance staff, capital engineering and operations to ensure the compliance of AdvanSix at Hopewell with all applicable codes and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of the Owner User Program to include:
- Review of changes to applicable ASME and NBIC codes, maintain the owner user manual in accordance with the most recent code edition, prepare for and facilitate periodic reviews of the program by the Chief Inspector for the State of Virginia.
- In this capacity, it is expected that the Lead Reliability Engineer will develop a working relationship with the Chief Inspector for the State of Virginia and be familiar with the current Chief Inspector’s interpretation of relevant sections of the boiler code.
- Technical supervision of inspectors who hold a commission from the State of Virginia under this program, including verification that each inspector meets annual training requirements set forth by the NBBI.
- Maintain records for all registered pressure vessels at the site
- Inspect all registered pressure vessels on a bi-annual basis
- Submit inspection records to the State of Virginia on an annual basis
- Administration of the R Stamp Certification to include:
- Review of changes to applicable ASME and NBIC codes, maintain the R Stamp manual in accordance with the most recent code edition, prepare for and facilitate periodic reviews of the program by a representative of the NBBI.
- Maintain welding procedures in use at the Hopewell plant and develop new procedures as needed to support robust welding capabilities within the maintenance department
- Technical supervision of engineers who hold a “R” endorsement from the NBBI
- Review and approval of repair plans on registered pressure equipment
- Final QA/QC approval of completed repair work performed on registered equipment
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Primary authority at the Hopewell site for issues relating to piping and pressure vessel codes
- Work closely with capital engineering during the design, construction and installation phase of projects involving fixed equipment
- Conduct vendor shop visits during equipment construction for QA/QC
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified preferred
- 10+ years of experience in chemical/petrochemical plant maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- National Board In-service or Authorized Inspector commission preferred
- API-510, API-570 and API-653 certified inspectors will also be considered
- Proficient with Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Familiar with corrosion and damage mechanisms related to fixed pressure equipment in chemical processes
- Experience in a leadership role preferred
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented with proven success working independently and in a multi-function team environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Hands-on experience using SAP work management system and Meridium/APM
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Job Family SC02 - ISC Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA