Engineering - Co-Op Student
Intern and Co-Op Opportunities in Engineering at AdvanSix
AdvanSix is a leading manufacturer of Nylon 6, a polymer resin used by customers to produce engineered plastics, fibers, filaments and films. These products, in turn, are used in a wide range of applications, including automotive, food and industrial packaging, carpeting, wire and cable, building and construction, and sports apparel. AdvanSix is also fully integrated into the important building blocks of caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizers, phenol, acetone and more. These capabilities, combined with a robust supply chain, exceptional quality control and an innovation mindset, support sustainable growth and value.
You will work alongside AdvanSix business professionals gaining real-world strategic experience. We have implemented an intern educational program and actively recruiting students!
Job description and program expectations:
• Monitor critical elements in the process
• Track performance of assigned operation areas daily
• Develop knowledge of area operations
• Take on process improvement projects
• Work on assigned project – based on engineering field and expertise
• Help answer customer complaints and proactively avoid future complaints
• Assist other Engineers/Career Professionals on Six Sigma Projects
• Daily Operations and Troubleshooting for Processes
January – May (Spring)
May – August (Summer)
August – December (Fall)
Co-op Development Program:
Getting acquainted with the Plant - equipment, valves, pumps, sampling techniques, general information, understanding processes.
Development of project oriented tasks - unit operations, assigned long term project
Theory at the plant level - given career professional responsibilities and completion of major, long term project
Co-ops are expected to complete / work three (3) rotating term; no more than 2 consecutive terms in a rotation. Students must return to school to continue coursework.
What Key Learnings can we provide to the co-op?
• General plant operations
• Manufacturing and control strategies
• Unit Operations (crystallizers, reactor, distillation, centrifuges, phase separators, packed columns, solids handling, etc.)
• Project Organization and Completion (Six Sigma Foundation)
**Co-Ops and Internships are paid by AdvanSix
- Job Family AD01 - Administrators
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chester, VA, USA
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA