Who we are looking for:
MAX Digital is looking to add an Account Executive to our team! This person will report to the SVP of Customer Success and is responsible for retaining a book of retail dealerships as well as contributing to new bookings from that book of business. The Account Executive will be assigned to an existing set of dealerships and be responsible for analyzing usage of our application, training new dealer personnel or training the dealership staff on new features and upgrades, maintaining a relationship with senior managers in the stores (General Manager, Used Car Manager, General Sales Manager and Internet Manager), visiting the dealerships in person to build rapport and spread best practices and help our sales team in new bookings efforts. The goals of the Account Executive is to achieve quarterly retention quotas of their “rooftops” and to refer a designated amount of opportunities to Sales Reps to help them sell and successfully close.
What you will do:
- Train customers on how to properly and efficiently utilize our software solution
- Proactively engage dealers to solve problems with the application
- Proactively assess and search for areas where the customer’s gaps can be filled with additional features or capabilities from MAX and/or ACV
- Plan, coordinate, launch new stores onto our system and execute extreme follow-up in the critical first 90 days to ensure infusion
- Hold in-person and remote meetings with GMs, UCMs, GSMs and Internet Managers to cover benchmark assessments and insights as to how their operations rate in comparisons to their competition
- Conduct quarterly Business Reviews with the GMs and Dealer Principles of mid-level size groups (4-8 stores) and large groups (9-20 stores) to provide insight on performance metrics (ie: appraising, pricing practices, gross profit achievement, online results and inventory management at retail and wholesale )
- Develop tactics with the SVP of Sales to save accounts when there is a threat of cancellations and win them back
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principle’s (ie: Owners, CEO/President, COO, General Managers, Used Car Directors, Internet Directors and Controllers
- Use Salesforce and other internal systems to effectively manage and document activities, issues and opportunities.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, and call on customers in an effort to develop new bookings.
- Prepare and present weekly/monthly/quarterly reports on the health and growth potential of your dealership account base
- Be expected to travel up to 40% in an average month (roughly 2 nights away from home two to three weeks a month)
What you should have:
- A minimum of 7 (seven) years of proven Account Management/ General Management type of experience
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of experience in the automotive industry
- Previous experience with the FirstLook Inventory Management System or MAX Digital Retail Products (preferred)
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- Strong ability to organize, schedule, plan ahead and adapt to a dynamic and changing retail environment to maximize impact and an in-store presence at dealerships
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Able to operate independently
- Must have a clean driving record with current & valid driver's license
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Account Mgr
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Philadelphia, PA 19125, USA
- Portland, ME, USA
- Providence, RI, USA