Team Lead, Analytics
ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What are we looking for:
The Product Analytics Engineer, Team Lead’s primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV and its customers. This role is focused on effective communication with product managers, engineering managers, and business partners whose business objectives, and KPIs, guide the way we understand problems to conduct descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis. The Product Analytics Engineer, Team Lead focuses on designing and executing analysis with reliable data and assists internal customers across ACV.
What you will be doing:
- Work with complex data to solve a wide variety of challenges using statistical approaches such as exploratory data analysis to provide insights and recommendations.
- Lead a team of Analytics engineers and coach junior teammates in best practices for data analysis, experimental design, and delivery of actionable insights to stakeholders across the business.
- Identify and leverage data pipelines across the data fabric of ACV to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, identify trends, and provide solutions/insights to business partners.
- Work with product managers and operation teams to understand the business pipeline, review new products and identify related data sources to provide prescriptive analysis.
- Conduct root/cause analysis with focus on fundamentals of competent analysis as well as Identifying trends and outliers in business lines compared with broader market dynamics.
- Build reports and dashboards to give stakeholders visibility into relevant metrics with focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Develop and analyze large data sets using all required tools from data gathering, data quality check, query data, and BI.
- Communicate and follow up with stakeholders to understand their needs and questions converting business challenges into technical requirements and present analysis to stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Minimum 3-5 year Professional Experience related to job description
- Strong Experience with Python (strong emphasis on pandas, numpy, plotting)
- Strong Professional Experience with BigQuery / MySQL
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud Platform resources
- Experience with data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Experience doing complex queries and transformations on large data set
- Good scripting and functional programming skills
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis and the basics of data-driven reasoning are a must
- Experience building relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders, whether it be engineering, marketing, design, sales, etc
- Ability to navigate conflicting technical requirements and work collaboratively across projects towards a win-win solution
- Experience leading and directing small projects, peer recognition, and excellence in analytics delivery
- Design and carry out experiments to test new features and products, such as A/B Tests, in coordination with product partners
- Strong Communication Skills
Nice to Have:
MS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
Experience with data engineering workflow management systems like Apache Airflow
What we will offer:
Competitive salary and benefits
Upbeat innovative culture
Professional training opportunities
- Job Family Data Analytics
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Pay Type Salary
- 640 Ellicott St #321, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA