Analytical Database Manager
Responsible for management of electronic and archived records management. This individual will maintain existing electronic records and database architecture and make improvements as agreed with the team. The data manager will also be responsible for updating data management procedures and cross-training individuals for team based support of project needs.
Sample Tracking: Track status of samples from field to laboratory. Assume role as primary point of contact with laboratories. Receive all lab reports and verify they are complete.
Field Record Management: Receive copies of all GIS survey data from gamma scans and verify appropriate distribution to staff. Receive & process daily data transmittals from field activities such as downhole gamma logs, core scans and exit surveys. Receive, accession and archive close-out records from field activities. This involves working with both digital and paper records.
Data Management: Store and maintain data received from laboratories, clients, and teaming partners, Query database to provide requested information to project scientists and managers.
Data Validation: Validate lab data to MARLAP criteria. Use company proprietary software to perform Stage 1 validation on data packages as they come in from the laboratories. Identify data requiring advanced validation and notify project management of nonconformance.
QA/QC Officer: Routinely review data for completeness and veracity. Review draft reports and simple calculations as needed and requested. Conduct periodic audits of required records maintained at job sites.
Additional Duties: Track instrument status - Responsible for maintaining survey instruments in calibrated, working condition. Tracking instrument assignments and locations and arranging their repair and calibration as needed. Instrument rentals - Manage equipment rentals. Pack & ship instruments to rental clients. Support project logistics and equipment mobilization as needed. Provide instrumentation, field forms and portable equipment to project as part of job setup/mobilization activities. Support data visualization activities (maps & graphics). As directed. Additional light duty activities. As needed and directed.
- 0 - 5 Years experience in Environmental Science (Radiation Health Physics background preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent experience
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Functional capabilities and computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, (access, word, excel, outlook, etc.) and data management software
- Ability to work with CAD, CAD 3D and ArcGIS preferred
- Analytically minded and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in field collecting settings
- Weekend work may be required
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Knoxville, TN, USA