Project Manager Construction I - Fiber
The Project Manager I position ensures the timely, safe and cost-effective construction of Shentel transmission sites, towers, collocations, outside plant projects (coax, copper and fiber optic) and civil site development. Under minimal supervision, coordinates with contractors, public utilities, equipment vendors, third parties and internal departments to achieve project objectives. Additionally, the incumbent must be competent at the full scope of project management duties associated with the deployment of multi-service telecommunications networks. Position will report to the Construction manager and must be able to work in a team environment, working cross functionally within the operations organization.
- Education: College degree preferred. Other candidates with a High School Diploma or equivalent and relevant work and/or military experience will be considered.
i. Zero to two years of telecommunications experience required.
ii. Zero to two years of project management/coordination experience required.
iii. Zero to two years of utility construction experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of data networking, including design, troubleshooting, and configuration of various wired and wireless network topologies, CATV systems and coaxial design and construction.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Project and/or Construction management certification(s) preferred.
- Available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business require.
- Ability to travel for training or as required.
- Ability to work independently, work with teams and communicate effectively.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or email@example.com. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.
- Job Family Engineering & Operations
- Job Function Glo Fiber
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Suffolk, VA, USA