Intern, HR Operations
Blacksburg, VA, USA ● Charlottesville, VA, USA ● Christiansburg, VA 24073, USA ● Edinburg, VA 22824, USA ● Lynchburg, VA, USA ● Richmond, VA, USA ● Waynesboro, VA 22980, USA ● Weston, WV 26452, USA ● Winchester, VA 22601, USA
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Shenandoah Telecommunications Company (Shentel) provides broadband services through its high speed, state-of-the-art cable, fiber optic and fixed wireless networks to customers in the Mid-Atlantic United States. The Company’s services include: broadband internet, video, and voice; fiber optic Ethernet, wavelength and leasing; and tower colocation leasing. The Company owns over 6,800 route miles of fiber and 223 macro cellular towers. For more information, please visit www.shentel.com.
Perform related tasks that meet the demands of the Human Resources department, while gaining relevant work experience.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn the daily functions of the department and assist with accomplishing departmental goals.
• Learn the functionality of the Human Resources Information System, Ceridian Dayforce.
• Partner with HR Business Partners and members of the HR operations team to learn and support the needs of the department.
• Assist with recruitment activities, such as candidate tracking and requisition process flow.
• Assist with gathering and analyzing HR Metrics, along data collection.
• Other projects as assigned related to recruitment, HR operations or similar functions.
III. Qualification Requirements:
• Education: Enrolled in a College/University program in Business Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field.
IV. Knowledge of:
• Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or email@example.com. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.