Lead the design, implementation, operation, administration, and maintenance of complex network infrastructure in an effort to maximize network and customer uptime. Configure, troubleshoot, test and upgrade network devices to support the implementation of new and existing network technologies and services. Ensure mean time to repair (MTTR) is minimized by effectively and efficiently troubleshooting network impacting events and appropriately planning maintenance activities. Develop, review, and execute detailed implementation and Change Request (CR) documentation to support the installation, configuration, activation, and deactivation of networks and services across all Shentel corporate offices.
• Entry level knowledge of network design and implementation concepts and processes, not necessarily specific to current Shentel processes.
• Basic knowledge of network device management to include routing and switching concepts. Ability to perform basic configuration tasks without assistance.
• Basic knowledge of network and server monitoring methods and processes. Working knowledge of 1 or more specific network monitoring products.
• Working knowledge of network security concepts and processes.
• Working knowledge of EPP, Content filter, network device and processes.
• Working knowledge of network security device concepts and processes.
• Basic knowledge and experience in wireless network management.
• Troubleshooting network issues in Firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless solutions.
• Maintaining and managing firewalls (knowledge in Checkpoint is a plus)
• Education: High School Diploma is required. Four Year Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field is preferred.
• Experience Level: 7-10 years of Network management experience is required. Network Engineering, LAN/WAN network administration as well as network security experience in an IT or enterprise environment is required. 2-3 years of telecommunications experience is preferred. Wireless network design, deployment and management experience is preferred.
Job Skills & Knowledge:
• Advanced level knowledge of network design and implementation and extensive experience in design, implementation and architecture documentation creation. Multiple demonstrated instances of large scale network design and deployment.
• Expert level knowledge of network device management. Extensive experience in complex network management to include various network devices. Demonstrated expertise in route/traffic shaping, dynamic routing protocol deployment and WAN technologies (knowledge of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF required).
• Expert level experience in comprehensive network monitoring technologies via multiple products.
• Advanced knowledge of network security concepts and processes. Broad experience in installing, configuring and management of a variety of network security products.
• Advanced experience in EPP, Content filter, network device and server patching management. Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of IOS/Firmware/OS patching processes across a broad range of products.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in firewall, IPS, VPN design and operations. Demonstrated experience with comprehensive firewall policy management.
• Expert level comprehensive secure wireless network design, deployment and operations experience.
• Advanced level knowledge of wireless system, design and implementation. Knowledge of CiscoPrime is recommended.
• Travel Requirements: This position requires a valid driver’s license for occasional day travel.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.