Technician Broadband Sr
Responsible for demonstrating and developing the skills and knowledge required for installing broadband services and troubleshooting customer service issues with phone, internet or video services. Experienced with installing, troubleshooting and repairing Internet, phone and video services for both residential and commercial customers. You must be able to successfully complete field installtion, service or network maintenance assignments, meeting/exceeding employee standards and customer expectations.
Education: High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
• 6-9 Years BB III, Senior Master Tech Certification or equivalent industry certifications or experience.
Factors affecting environmental conditions will vary depending on the assigned work area and task.
• Ability to climb ladders and/or utility poles and work in in high places
• Ability to work in small places (such as crawl spaces and attics)
• Ability to work outdoors and in extreme weather conditions and varying topographic, wet and dry locations.
• Up to 25% daily travel time may be required.
• Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time and performs work near power lines and electricity.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.
- Job Family Engineering & Operations
- Job Function Incumbent Cable
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Farmville, VA 23901, USA
- Lynchburg, VA, USA
- Richmond, VA, USA