Capital Markets Analyst
Realterm is a real estate operator whose employees have a track record of capitalizing on durable insights into the supply and demand of real assets through the global supply chain. Realterm seeks to build and invest in value-added business platforms that have a proprietary position in their markets, source investments with favorable supply/demand dynamics and bring intense focus to operating results.
Realterm offers several career fields such as Accounting, Leasing, Construction and Property Management that make working here unique, challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. With offices in Amsterdam, Annapolis, Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Montreal, Mumbai, New York and Singapore you are empowered to take your career where you want it to go.
A career at Realterm allows you thrive in a fast-paced workplace environment with tremendous scale. Enjoy working in a collaborative environment with supportive teammates where you will be challenged to grow and be at your best every day. We offer our employees a robust and competitive benefits package. If you are looking for a rewarding career in private equity commercial real estate, apply today.
The Capital Markets Analyst will be part of a small, but high-energy Capital Markets team. The Capital Markets Analyst will support the Capital Markets team and the Associate Vice President, Capital Markets in managing and coordinating all Capital Markets project management functions, including all proposal and diligence activities and consultant interaction to ensure that firm objectives are accomplished within prescribed deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of accurate, high-quality, and compelling requests for proposal (RFP), requests for information (RFI), and due diligence questionnaires (DDQ) from prospective investors and consultants
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in various functions to provide current and thorough responses to proposals (e.g. Asset Management, Investments, HR, Legal)
- Ensure the Realterm brand, product messaging, and tone are consistent throughout the proposal
- Assist in collecting information related to the specific goals and objectives of different investors and consultants in order to tailor responses to the target audience
- Assist with the completion of RFP/RFI/DDQ with tight deadlines, by establishing priorities through the information gathering, drafting, and final approval stages
- Maintain models for, and provide analysis of, fund performance and attribution, as well as assist with the reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Cover the consultant community, including research on prospective consultants, mandates, and strategic investment plans, conference attendance and telephonic and in-person meetings to fundraise on behalf of Realterm’s family of funds
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of team proposal files
Character, Trust, Integrity
Planning, Decision-Making & Initiative
Development & Learning
Collaboration, Communication & Teamwork
- 1-3 years’ relevant industry experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Posses an understanding of the Real Estate industry and fundamentals
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
Strong quantitative skills and ability to understand and communicate Realterm’s Real Estate business and investment products to investors
- Exhibit effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, specifically MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Comfortable working across the organization with all levels of management
- Flexibility to embrace change in a rapidly growing organization
- Present a clear interest in investment strategy, market dynamics, and real estate fundamentals
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- Advanced excel experience with financial models is required
- Prior experience of writing or participating in an RFP process is preferred
- Experience with Yardi is preferred
The position will work in a general office setting.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for the majority of the workday, sitting at a desk, consistently operating a computer. The person in this position must be able to access file cabinets and office machinery (to include a computer, copier, and fax machine). On occasion, may need to lift boxes of up to 10 lbs.
Realterm is an equal opportunity employer, as we value and respect diversity. We encourage diversity in ideas, opinions, experiences and identities. We do not discriminate in our employment practices based upon protected class, to include race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator realus
- New York, NY, USA
- Washington, DC, USA