Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, the Human Resource Generalist oversees all operational activities of human resources, employment law, engagement, payroll, benefits, safety and other related duties in the daily administration of the human resources department. Interacts with leadership to ensure they have the manpower needed to maintain production and the safety of the plant.
The person in this position must possess a high degree of integrity, a strong work ethic, a high level of attention to detail as well as be well organized, able to maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision. Additionally, he/she must be a forward-thinker, be able to multi-task and handle deadlines and stressful situations in a calm, orderly and accurate manner, and have good communication skills in order to deal effectively and courteously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain HRIS system
- Answers and assists employees with HR related questions
- Recruit and retain top talent through creative and sustainable selection and retention strategies including attending job fairs, succession planning, structured interview guides, networking, and satisfaction survey administration and analysis
- May support new employee orientation
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits
- Review and support the implementation, and enforce of policy in order to keep with current Federal and State legal statutes, and needs of the Company
- Ensure training of employees on appropriate mandated safety topics based on position
- May need to prepare salaried and hourly payroll to ensure proper pay for employees
- Ensure timely, accurate preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for internal and corporate use
- Administer workers compensation claims in partnership with HR Manager and the corporate team to ensure compliance and employee support
- Meet with employees, vendors and other guests of the Company as required to build and promote relationships and open door communication policy
- Assist other departments with audits as required
- Assist HR Manager with coordinating events for employees and business needs
- Various administrative support responsibilities
- Assist people leaders in the administrations of discipline should deviations to policies, practices and or procedures arise
- Perform improvement projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competent oral and written communication skills are required in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively and positively to management, vendors, and employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to deal with and resolve problems in accordance with company procedures and values
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree and two to five years’ experience; required
- Employment law knowledge; required
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; required
- Ability to maintain confidential information; required
- Proficient computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office; required
- PHR or SPHR certification; preferred
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to heat and cool in the production environment. The noise level in the office environment is normally low and in the production environment is normally loud.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to operate basic office equipment (i.e. copier, computer keyboard, mouse and other computer technology require for job duties.
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA