Engineer - Continuous Improvement
Bristol, IN 46507, USA Req #564
Friday, February 4, 2022
Founded in 1933, Myers Industries has moved from a small storefront in Akron, Ohio to become a family of over 2,400 employees. Our One Myers team is made up of some of the most revered brands in the industry, including: Myers Tire Supply, Patch Rubber Company, Tuffy Manufacturing, Akro-Mils, Scepter, Buckhorn Inc, Jamco Products, Ameri-Kart, Elkhart Plastics and Trilogy Plastics. Our people are the engine behind our growth, and they work to deepen our customer relationships, serve our niche industries, and drive our success. We invite you to apply and consider joining our team as we drive our business forward. We would love to have you as part of the next chapter of our growth story!
Purchasing - Continuous Improvement Engineer
- This position analyzes and prioritizes supply chain procedures as well as recommends and implements improvements across operations to improve the supply chain processes and interactions with operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluating existing supply chain processes to identify areas that need optimization across multiple locations.
- Collaborate and develop improvements in supply chain procedures, including inventory management, warehousing, automation, systems integration, and distribution.
- Evaluating connections with suppliers and operations and working to streamline material and product flow to optimize efficiencies across the value stream.
- Collecting and interpreting supply chain improvements, as well as updating and documenting processes.
- Customizing and deploying efficient supply chain management tools that improve material flow and visibility with process partners.
- Building and maintaining strong vendor and intercompany relationships.
- Keeping abreast of developments in supply chain engineering and best practices across the company to help develop future process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or a related field.
- Degree coursework in supply chain management preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a supply chain engineer in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency in industry-related supply chain management software.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain management software.
- Progressive experience in supply chain analysis and optimization.
- Exception analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb collaboration and communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Function Quality
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA