Plastic Injection Maintenance Technician
Performs a wide range of mechanical and electrical work covering the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of production equipment, including but not limited to plastic injection molding presses and plant systems. Ensures care for the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and working territory. Responsibility to ensure that equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use optimizing equipment up-time. Makes scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing. Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Understanding of injection molding machine control calibration requirements and hands-on tasks for calibrations
- Ensure preventative / predictive maintenance on equipment, machinery, tools and document PM through the Maintenance Manager
- Successfully troubleshoot hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC problems with molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Understanding of repair techniques for injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment related to the industry
- Perform or assist with major job repairs to machine, equipment or components and troubleshoot as needed.
- Submit requests to Maintenance Manager for proper approval and authorization for machine replacement parts, equipment or components
- Change oil on equipment as recommended by manufacturer
- Electrical (A/C, D/C) and wiring knowledge.
- Intermediate plumbing skills
- Follow all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per PM’s / OSHA requirements.
- Complete any and all tasks or assignments as requested by Management
- Follows all 5S, housekeeping and company policies and procedures
- Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required
- Understanding of hydraulic repairs
- Perform hydraulic repairs, such as replacement of lines by applying basic knowledge of hydraulics – examples also include cylinder, pumps, motors and enclosed loop control systems
- Electricity, wiring and basic plumbing skills
- Responsibilities include all listed above, but are not limited to only those listed above
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions/blueprints related to Plastic Injection Molding machinery
- Must possess intermediate reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts - Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work weekends (every other)
- Team Oriented Individual
- Must possess strong safety work ethics
- Experience with CMMS Maintenance Systems is a plus
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two year technical degree a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 2 or more years maintenance experience in plastic injection molding required
- Experience with any of the following large tonnage plastic injection molding machines highly desired: Cincinnati Milacron, Husky, Mitsubishi and HPM hydraulic injection molding equipment
- Regularly exposed to high factory and machine temperatures
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach, bend, crouch, climb and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA