Project Accounting Team - Project Accountant IV
Assists the Manager of Project Accounting in leading the coordination and management of entire accounts receivable process, which includes revenue, unbilled reconciliation, billings, collections, financial reporting of projects. Perform all functions in the Projects module of Costpoint including, but not limited to, updating the systems for funding and modifications, revenue billing, project account group, and subsequent validations.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Leads Project Accounting Staff in the performance of all aspects of set up for new and amending existing contracts in Costpoint. This involves oversight of the setup of project number(s), billing, revenue, labor categories in the accounting system, and the updating of modifications within the accounting system for funding and other contract changes.
2. Leads Project Accounting Staff in the preparation of contract billings and the performance of follow-up collection efforts. Contract billings include CPFF, T&M, and fixed price contracts, electronic and manual. Follow-up collections involve communicating with various contracting officers and technical representatives in contract and payment offices.
3. Leads processing of invoices for contracts under FFRDC. Provide oversight of biweekly electronic billing of FFRDC contract. Review billing reconciliation. Provide backup for FFRDC billing. Provide information to Administrative Contracting Officer, including consultant information, completion reports, final invoices, and year-end reports. Act as liaison to ACO’s staff for billing and project information.
4. Direct responsibility for set up and review of ACRN Billing and WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow) Billings in Costpoint.
5. Prepare periodic and quarterly account reconciliations. Perform financial tracking, analysis, and reporting for projects of varying contract types.
6. Prepare contract closeouts, reviewing final invoices and other contract-required reporting and
7. Work closely with members of Contracts, Accounting, and Project Management on project(s) status, including identifying, documenting, and resolving project issues, and reporting issues, project funding and cost risks to management. Report billing requirements and collections to management.
8. Participate in or lead special projects.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in accounting, finance, business, management or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
2. Experience: Must have a minimum 8 years related experience, including 5 years in project accounting. Experience with Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) strongly preferred. Supervisory experience desirable.
3. Skills: Extensive knowledge of federal contract billing and contract closeouts, to include cost plus, T&M, and firm fixed price. Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Knowledge of Cognos or other report writing software. Knowledge of electronic billing processes and software, i.e. IRAPT, IPP, ASAP. Strong Oral and written communication skills.
4. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a cover letter and transcripts as part of your application to be considered for this position. A cover letter should introduce yourself, briefly summarize your professional background, explain why you are a good candidate and the reason for your personal interest in applying for this job.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America