Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will work collaboratively as part of an agile development team and will provide software automation engineering expertise to deliver incremental features to a wide range of products. Design, develop, and integrate tests into our automation frameworks, identify poor performing tests and implement fixes to increase reliability, log defects, test scalability of systems, and provides status reports on the progress of tasks.
The Prometric agile development primarily leverages C#, .Net, .Net Core, ASP.Net, MVC, HTML5, Angular, Bootstrap, React, NodeJS, Typescript, Electron, CSS3, RESTful WebAPI, WCF Web Services, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Azure, and Hadoop (Java).
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 300 organizations worldwide. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
- Advise and build automation scripts (unit, integration, end-to-end, UI) ensuring code coverage and quality
- Create, execute, improve, and maintain automation test scripts through standard methodologies, closely monitor test results for swift feedback, and participate in peer code reviews
- Advocate and evangelize good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Identify, evaluate, report and document defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- Conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team. Establish and maintain comprehensive and well-structured test cases to organize component test scenarios, for documentation and knowledge sharing purposes
- Troubleshoot production issues as needed
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in software quality assurance or programming OR 7-9 years relevant work experience
- Good understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
- Good experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Selenium, Jenkins, NightwatchJS, etc)
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with testing within an Agile development environment
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Good oral and written communications, an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Working experience in cloud ecosystem (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS), Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Understanding and experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Familiarity with PCI and/or FISMA (or similar) compliance standards preferred
- Experience working with CMMI
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Prometric is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date 25 March 2022
- Job End Date 27 May 2022
- Baltimore, MD, USA